February 22, 2005

I need sleep

I think I'll purposely wake up late tomorrow
I really need a good rest, especially after yesterday's orientation... been in uni since 8 a.m. till 9 p.m.! Well, the night was for the City Lights Tour anyway. I didn't go for mine during my orientation, so it was quite interesting taking some new students to Utopia in Northbridge for bubbletea, along with Varun and Branden.

Today was a more relaxed day. I just came to make sure everyone in my group enrolled correctly. Afterwards, I settled my own stuff namely getting the Guild sticker and diary, getting the Transperth sticker, renew the OSHC and update my ANZ info as well as got exemption from the interest fee... That's done, I can relax for two days before going to Friday's O-day. I just hope that I didn't make a lousy leader
:p

It was fun though. In a short time you make a lot of new friends and aqquiantances (sp pls?). In a way, I discover a new side of myself... I know I can go all bubbly if I'm in the mood, but I don't know that I could just go to some people and say, 'Hey! Can I help you?' :p And there are a lot more muslims I see around... I really treasure this as one of the most unforgettable experience. If I have a chance, I'd do it again without thinking twice, the pleasure you get just by getting people to feel comfortable cannot be described. Unfortunately, next year insyaAllah when I start my fourth year, I won't have the chance to do this again as we start early... both Branden and I were quite sad :(

Helped the International Student Service (ISS) with the Sausage Sizzles as well this afternoon, and made a few more new friends. One of the reason was because I haven't seen Tasha for quite some time. It's nice to catch up on some stuff. Before I went back to Mounts Bay, Tasha asked me if I have gotten the ISS t-shirt, and I said no. Well, I'll get one anyway soon 'cos she said she'll give one to me *YaY*
I came to help because I was bored, doing nothing in the library while waiting for it to start, yet, I'll get another free t-shirt! Nice, eh?

Now... I need a good sleep!

p/s- Thanks everyone to drop by, namely Huda, Shila, Rabbit, wanzhaf n shifak... Alhamdulillah I'm good here, Shifak... Miss you guys there!

No comments:

Post a Comment