May 21, 2018

May 15th

//Zira, Mama and Me

This is my mom, the middle one.
Every year, there will be wishes of "Happy Mother's Day" in mid-May. We're lucky that Mama's birthday falls on May 15th, a couple of days after Mother's day. Mama is even happier that her first grandson's birthday is only a day before her birthday- when my SIL's EDD (expected date of delivery) was on 24th of May, she was praying it fell onto her birth date instead XD But Muhammad was born 1 day earlier. Nevertheless, it's like a double celebration.

Everywhere children wish their mothers Happy Mother's Day; some celebrate with special occasions, dinners or meals, some write on lengthy but beautiful speeches on social media, some forwarded gifs and wishes online and on whatsapp; anything to get the message across- Happy Mother's Day, thank you Mum(s). To most, their Moms are the best Mothers; well, logically they are right?

Mine's too.
She was working when we were growing up, but took early retirement because Dad was transferred to East-Coast. That was when I was 16. 2 years later, I went and studied abroad and one advice that stuck on to me even until now is- "whatever you do, let us (parents) know first before we find it out through other people (we have got spies all over)"- that was said to me when I was 15, while I was still in KL and I brought it with me even when I was in Perth :P
So she was the first one to listen to my ups and downs, my tales and wails, my adventures and sorrows when I was in Australia. She was a patient ear to my every phone call and I was glad I could tell her everything.

Only later on when I came home did I learn that she wasn't too keen of me pursuing my dream back then in studying medicine (abroad) but never once did she object it in front of my face, and I am glad she did not... In return, my sister and I decided to do our housemanship away from home, so she and Dad wouldn't see it firsthand how 'gruesome' the journey could be (okay, that was an exaggeration but not that far off.. the two years flew quite fast than expected).
Even so, she was there when I decided for a semi-impromptu day-trip back to KL to watch a movie (and accompanied me for breakfast and lunch in MidValley XD ; entry here) and joined ChocoMon's trip to USJ and Legoland (entry here) where she was sorta 'tricked' into getting onto the Revenge of the Mummy (sorry, Mama, really, I am!)

Then I came home to continue working as a medical officer in Putrajaya, commuting daily from KL; and she's still there, supporting me in every step- every littlest story that I have, to every non-spoken gestures I made, she's still here. Even when I decided to take that impromptu trip abroad before getting into Masters programme, she came with me...



No words can convey how thankful I am, how thankful we are to you, Mama.
Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day, for being awesome superwoman you are. May you always be blessed and be healthy always, Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment