September 8, 2007

A Month After



Believe it or not, it has been a month since I started 2nd year in CUCMS. There was feeling of nervousness, homesick (yeah, after 9 months staying at home, it could do that to you) and excited. I have to admit the first week was the hardest, especially moving into a new place (and not sharing a place with my sis), finishing up assignments daily when you really have to adapt quickly to the format and style and blending in and make new friends while everyone else have known each other for at least a year.

It would have been easier to say 'I quit' rather than 'I'll endure this no matter what'.

But I made a pledge to myself; promises to hold to and duties I placed on myself. And somehow, there's this strength in me that came out of no where and kept on whispering 'you can do this'. So with though face and blank expression, I weaded through the first week bravely; though I did break down on the last day during Reflection (for reasons I wouldn't disclose, okay?)
But that seemed to be the stopcock that was finally lifted to let everything out and after that everything went quite smoothly.

I thoroughly enjoyed second week, especially when I joined some of them in the group study. Alhamdulillah since I've learned Urinary System before, things were not as hard as when I learned it the first time. And the way they teach it here, it was even easier to understand.

By the end of week three, I suddenly had this feeling... that I'm happier here compared to where I was before. It's not to say that I'm not happy while I was in Perth, I did, of course I did; and I still love it the way I did while I was there. It's just that here, perhaps it's the fact that I'm with my sis, or that everyone around is doing the same thing so they understand how challenging it could be at times and everyone's in the same boat...

Our timetable is packed on weekdays. My new routine is staying at college till late at night to finish up works and sleeping at 1-2 a.m. is considered normal. Nevertheless, I enjoy it.

The last week of Urinary System was closed with Final Assessment in the morning and Sports Carnival in the afternoon on Friday (yesterday). It was really a tiring day but it was fun (yes, including the assessment I might add) so who am I to complain?

On the other note, I went for both sides walimah of Gundat and Shila. I could still smile recalling the beautiful events. Alia has got the liberty to upload the wedding pictures and if you're interested to view them (Warning: there're LOTS and LOTS of pictures!), plase click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/GundatShila


Next walimah I believe will be in December (and I'm still honored to be the bride's maid!)

No comments:

Post a Comment