February 1, 2008

Le Tour de Perak- The whole story

Ok, first of all, let's get one thing clear- I didn't snap a lot of pictures this time around so do not expect pictures, pictures and more pictures, yeah?

That being said, I'll just let the pictures speak for the trip itself k? (read as I'm too lazy to explain it with words :p)

Jan 25th, Friday: 2000-2359- Gathered at college and departed via bus

Programme Launching by Prof. Hatta, our Dean of Medicine Faculty







Jan 26th, Saturday: 0800-1900- Medical Check Ups & Sukaneka

We have two group- one to stay in Kg. Dato' Seri Kamarudin (where the launching was) and the other went to Kg. Batu Tiga.

Our accomodation
Me and Shawa
Rest of the team
Emmet with her SLR (Gah! I want one too!)
Candid moment...


I was under the 'sukaneka' team. Only in the afternoon did I join the medical team.


Umm... only children under 5 are allowed...
Walk on coconut shell? These kids didn't understand what hot and noon about- they still wanted more even when we said it's over. It was such a fun crowd to be with though, some we befriended quite well XD

Afternoon shift- Registration and history taking station
Prof Latif and a kid with PDA
Afterwards... During the price-giving ceremony


This is the other team that went to Kampung Batu 3 (and its mobile clinic aroud the area).
These pictures are courtesy of miss Shawa (I was in KDSK and these made me envious... *pouts*)









Jan 27th, Sunday: 0900-1330- Visited the orphanages and did some activities with them

Eda as one of activties head
Ain, Me, my sis & Nuna
One of the activities for girls in the orphanage in Parit. Most of the pictures were captured by Emmet and I still have to get those from her.

The other team went to Trong- the group picture.


That evening, we postponed "Nutrient Hunt" and spent the evening off on the beach instead.


They called this "Star" picture- courtesy of yours truly =)
Me and Eda-ku Comel
And those boys who were addicted to fishing
Dusk... (Courtesy of miss Shawa)

We had barbeque at the beach that night but it was raining so we had to move under the roof-ed area. I didn't take my camera then...





Jan 28th, Monday- Visit to SMK Pengkalan TLDM, Nutrient Hunt & headed home

Only 11 of us who went to SMK Pengkalan TLDM to give some motivational talk and teach the science students Basic Life Support. The rest had "Nutrient Hunt" in our accomodation. We headed to Lumut Jetty afterwards; those who wanted to go to Pangkor could do so and those who didn't want spent their time shopping around (or just sit and enjoy the calm -and hot- afternoon)





Ok, we did go and find cendol after that... Then we went home and reached Cyber at around 10. Me, my sis, Zeti and Zahir were in one car and since we couldn't find highway *looks away* we trudged through the old road via Kuala Selangor going home. It was kinda funny, but when we passed by our kampung, my sister said "Along, aku rasa kita dah terlepas kampung..." Some family we are...


Man and Faiz.... Asyiknye...
Yeah... nobody wanted to take my picture... I had to do so myself...
I don't know where these people took this picture but one thing for sure- they didn't call us!


Jeti Lumut- Roihan, Shawa, Me

I wasn't in the Le Tour committee but my sister and some other people I know quite well were and admittedly, there were problems and misunderstandings and such before going. But the trip itself was a successful one, if I could personally say so myself.

Kudos to Le Tour team!

No comments:

Post a Comment