August 17, 2012

Eid Mubarak!

Tomorrow is the last day of Ramadhan. This is certainly not the first time I celebrate Eid far from home. And certainly not the first time having something on during the first day of Eid; only the last time I had to sit for exam at 9 a.m. in Perth.
 This time around I’ll be on post-call during the first day of Eid, in Batu Pahat. Of course I'll be home for Raya- week after that. The question that comes next is “why?”

 For me, Eid is Eid. Yes, it’s the time to gather with all your relatives and exchange greetings and celebrate the festive day. More importantly for me, it is the gathering of family members & the togetherness, especially when all year round, some are missing.

So, since my sister who’s working in East Malaysia will only be coming back a week after Eid, it’s more worth to go home around that time too. The youngest studying in Egypt is already at home so it's just left the two of us now.

To everyone, wishing you Eid Mubarak! May we have used this month of Ramadhan as best as we could and may we see the coming years to come of Ramadhan too =)


No comments:

Post a Comment