August 20, 2019

One Step at A Time - #1 The Trigger


This is one post that I've been delaying for months and contemplated many times simply because one, my journey isn't as great compared to others; two, I was never a sports person; and three, I wasn't and still am not sure if I could maintain this (read: istiqamah). The 'what if?' kept coming back.

But as I got more questions on how, perhaps I can share a little bit based on what I know and have practiced. I'll break the journey into different parts with different themes. So we go with first step today:

If you want to lose weight, find your reason(s) / trigger(s) to shed that kilogram and anchor it with (a) goal(s)- must be measurable, do-able and realistic.

Mine? The trigger was patient's comment while I was running the obesity clinic (something that went along the line 'but you're also not as fit to give me this advice on how to lose weight' 😑)

I had many other reasons to start losing weight- I was easily feeling tired and the timing just fit. It was around the time where I no longer need to do weekends round and someone (read: cousin Ummi) was pestering me to join the gym- more excuses to lepak with cuzzies!

So first step: Find your absolute resolution. Write down your do-able goal(s)

Mine? To get to ideal body weight, normal BMI, meaning to shed off 10kg. The aim was ~1kg per month (that's what we advice in the obesity clinic- ~1kg per month in the first 6 months)

What's yours?

#wanizsnotes
#onestepatatime

No comments:

Post a Comment