June 17, 2020

Crossroads

Excuse me while I contemplate on life
At this age, I’m kind of ashamed that I still go through this kind of struggle
But,
Watch me grow
Walk with me
Watch me break through my struggles
In the hope of becoming a better person
One who can contribute to humanity, life, and my deen
InsyaAllah



Life is about making choices

From the smallest, trivial ones you have to make on a daily basis
To the important or life-changing decisions

I made my decision 
There’s no doubt that I want to progress and make that jump one day
I have made up my mind the moment I applied for Masters
I knew this day would come
But I’m still too scared to take that jump, to hold that title, to carry that responsibility

They said “with big role comes big responsibility”
Recently Sakurai Sho (of Arashi) said “with freedom comes a big responsibility”
I’m surprised at his statement, but I can understand from where he’s coming from;
You are given the freedom to make your own choices
You have to take accountability of the choices that you made
And you follow through
And you do your best to uphold that responsibility
Because in the end, it will come back to you

Some outcomes are measurable
But some aren’t so easy to measure
Your life satisfaction for example
Are you happy with the choices that you made?

I have made my choices
And I’m walking through these decisions,
Amidst my ongoing struggle to break through from my inferiority complex and my introvert personality
Yet, it still doesn’t hold back the fears that I’m having
I still feel incompetent
I still feel like I’m doing mistakes,
I still feel like other people are unsatisfied with me
Then I become more and more scared
I’m becoming angrier and angrier
I’m always in a bad mood these past few days
And I’m upset with myself most of the time

And finally I broke down

And I prayed,

Then it felt slightly better
The weight on my shoulder became just slightly bearable
And that palpitation calmed down a bit
And that anxiety simmered down a little bit
And I can breathe slightly better

At this juncture, there’s no more turning back

I should just hold my head high and face it forward
And hope to be more confident
And pray I make the best choices

The first step is usually the hardest one to take
And I’m sure I’ll be facing more and more hurdles as time goes by
So I might just as well bite it and give my best
And pray everything will come out alright
Tawakkal...

Ya Allah Ya Fattah… Iftah Alaiyah….


Please excuse me while I contemplate on life

No comments:

Post a Comment