July 6, 2008

Afternoons

We were on the main road in Kuala Terengganu, coursing through the speed limit to visit my younger brother while waiting for the Friday prayer to finish. Suddenly my mom said.... "Look at these teenagers, 'performing' their Friday prayer on the road..." From each side, more and more motorcycles we saw passing by our car.

And the khutbah could still be heard via the loud speaker.

It's frustrating, to see that these are the sort of people who would perhaps lead the country in the future. The same scenario occurs in Sungai Petani, where my brother would always be the victim of my mom's lecture about if he behaves just like those who have no sense of responsibility at all.

And the other day, while we were heading back to KL and we passed by the mall that's nearing its finishing in Kerteh, each time, be it in the past when the signs were put for what the land would be used for till the moment while it's still on construction, we sighed.
Though it was supposed to be "the building of some modernization that people in Kerteh have never seen before", we still sigh with sadness...

Part of it to just imagine the suffering of small shop or mart around...
Poor become poorer...
Part of it just to imagine the number of students loitering around
Spending away their parents money (note that it's not even theirs to begin with)
Wasting away precious time for more beneficial activities
Doing nothing but staring around and chit-chatting their seconds down the drain

I asked again and again, "Is civilization being marked by high rise buildings and modern structures?"
"Is civilization something that we are working on when I see more people interested to appear in the t.v. instead of having the dream to learn the highest level possible?"

Didn't the history show that the peak and glory of civilization is when the people have the power over knowledge?

My theory is... teenagers could be the downfall of a civilization

------------------------------

Musing on some afternoons...
I don't want to wear white coats during rounds, or even in the hospital please.... Please... can I NOT wear it? No matter what people say, I still think there's no need to create "the white coat syndrome", there's no need to obviously state who we are, there's no need to indirectly give that aura of superior (when in reality that's just crap, in my opinion, but it does happen, doesn't it?)

Repeatedly I said this to my sister... I don't like it

And when the moments come for me to wear it, I know I will hate it

But what choice to I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment