October 24, 2008

Clinic Week

This week our sub-group is in clinic.
Perhaps because after Eid last week, not so many people electively doing surgeries, when we're down in clinics this week and saw a lot of patients, I was quite happy.
It's a bit hard to clerk every patient though in clinics... but we did have teachings and some patients do have signs and symptoms so it was pretty exciting.

I haven't met my target of doing PR and dressings yet this week, so those will still be the aims for next week!

Despite the fact that we're in clinic (and that it starts around 8.30 to 9 a.m.), Amal and I still come at 7.30 in the morning. As usual, I was looking around for chances of blood taking (yeah, the vampire-mode is still on even to this stage). I hope by the end of this posting, I'd get to insert at least one branula too... (one je? :P)

During on-call last night, I was given the chance to do IM injection. And the next aim during on call is to spend more time in the casualties. I really feel I could be of some use in there.

Classes are packed this week. Long clinic on Monday and as the results, I had late lunch. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, we had classes in the afternoon, so we were rushing and results were just snack lunch. After 4 months of symptoms free, my gastric attack came back.
That's the only setback this week, I guess.
Remind me to buy omeprazole/losec...

On the other hands a few good news this week- cousin's wife gave birth, open houses this weekends, news of a friend's getting pregnant, met a patient's daughter who actually knows a colleague... perhaps, going to shabu-shabu too for lunch on Sunday *happy*

p/s to myself- change main banner, have new pictures now don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment