October 9, 2008

I Miss...

It was a phone call that I've never expected, especially now
Now married, she's across the sea
She was one I admired when I was small,
Now we talk like more like friends, discussing more serious matters
At times both are like little kids,
sharing same interests, having the same relatives on both sides.

Back then, it was 5 of us,
During Eid in kampung, we
chatted endlessly or listening to our mothers' tales,
sharing plates during lunches and breakfasts,
into the large outside-bathroom (can it still be called bathroom?) we went when we were even smaller then...

Now one is in UK,
3 in KL, and one in Sabah...
And even the 3 of us in KL, now it's getting harder to hang around isn't it?
How time flies...

While talking to her on the phone, I realized one thing
I miss my cousin(s)

//Since the one in Manchester wasn't around, just pretend her place in mom's :p

No comments:

Post a Comment