May 13, 2005

Friday Post

It's rare to see a traffic jam in Perth. Not that you won't see it; it's just that it's hard to see one on Mounts Bay Road (the road I take to go to and back from UWA).

But once you're in it (with not much complaints because the bus's very conveniant) you got a little bit irritated, showing that you've forgotten how bad the traffic jam back home compared to here.

At the same time, my mind whispered, 'Alhamdulillah I don't have a car yet... to be stuck in this jam at this hour... must be frustrating'. Luckily it was on the way back from uni, not going into uni- as I stupidly did before... :p

Sitting frustratedly in front of the Acer, I pondered how come the other people had easier access to set their interview for their fieldwork of Community Health Project, while I've been trying for 2 weeks, and yet, going no where... Any ideas?

[editted: 6 a.m. May 14th]
My prayers have been answered when the lady I called in this morning (who was not in) called me back at 6.30 p.m. Never seen that one coming, bacause it was already out of office hour (and the fact that it's Friday)... But Allah's help come when you least expected it. I'm thankful that amid the stress, I've never loose faith in Him...

'Apakah manusia itu mengira bahawa mereka dibiarkan (saja) mengatakan: "Kami telah beriman", sedangkan mereka tidak diuji lagi?' [Al'Ankabut (29): 2]

'Hai orang-orang yang beriman, mintalah pertolongan (kepada Allah) dengan sabar dan solat, sesungguhnya Allah berserta orang-orang yang sabar' [Al Baqarah (2): 153]

In the stress to finish up the project, I forgot that it was my friends' birthday until we had a weekly meeting at my place, and one said- yes, today is Friday the 13th. Suddenly something snapped- crap! It's Fahd and Yan's birthday!

And so: HAPPY BELATED 21st BIRTHDAY YAN & FAHD!! May Allah bless you and keep you both in His guidance, always, insyaAllah!

Oh, that reminds me- my mom's birthday tomorrow! *grinning widely*

No comments:

Post a Comment